“As bad as you are, you know how to give good things to your children. How much more, then, will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:13
Why do we need the Holy Spirit? Why is it important to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit before we receive any material blessing from God, the Father?
Father knows in all his wisdom that the Holy Spirit as forerunner, prepares a ground for God’s children to receive divine blessings to bring glory to his name.
- Holy Spirit prepares a way for God’s children to enjoy the blessings that Father bestows upon them. Holy Spirit enables us to see what we have, and value those blessings without comparing them with others. Holy Spirit reveals the purpose behind our blessings and strengthens us to walk in the shadow of them while turning into an instrument for God’s kingdom.
God’s blessings work in unity of the spirit. Holy Spirit, as the binding force, captures our thoughts and bring them under the submission of Christ, so that we may see clearly God’s divine purpose and our position in Christ through those blessings.
- Holy Spirit enables a believer to offer perfect praise to Lord God, who is Holy. Perfect praise is the fruit of a life that has been touched by the life-giving power of the Holy Spirit.
When the Cherubim appeared to Isaiah, he cried out, ” I am ruined, for I am a man of unclean lips and I live among unclean people.” But when his lips were touched by the living coal, he spoke out, “Here am I, Send me.” Without the touch of the Holy Spirit we see half truth that fills us with despair and brokenness but when the light of the spirit shines, it fills us with renewed hope, peace and love and make us cry out in great confidence and reverent fear, “Lord here am I, Send me”.
Father desires his children to bring him perfect praise and honour so that they may receive more than they could ever ask or desire.
- Holy Spirit is the encourager and helper who comes down from God, the Father. Every new endeavour or blessing brings a change in our lives, but with the help of the Holy Spirit, we become adjusted to whatever change it brings and still remain faithful to the giver of those blessings.
- Holy Spirit gives us utterance. The Spirit enables us to tell what the Lord has done in our lives, to encourage others by giving the good news that God is at work and what he has done in our lives, he is capable to do in anyone’s life.
- Holy Spirit brings priority in our lives. Wherever the Spirit moves, it turns chaos into order.
The Spirit was hovering over the deep and when the word was spoken, divine order of things appeared. Holy Spirit is always moving as the living and eternal force of the most high God, ready to bring order into the chaos and disorder of our daily lives, so that we become wise enough to count our days and thank God for every single moment.
Material blessings are important but the Holy Spirit is the essential live-giving force that breathes power and energy into every blessing that we can ask for.
Are you praying for new blessings? Ask the Father to send His Holy Spirit before those blessings so that when new blessings arrive, you may receive them in Christ, and use them to bring glory to his Kingdom.